"Shoes are a great invention. They keep us from stepping on nails. Your feet stay clean and warm and dry." —Carrie Rachael Brownstein
Shoes are a blessing to us, and we have a role to play in protecting them from damage from harsh conditions. While stains on suede materials are difficult to scrub. For these reasons, it's wise to protect your tender suede shoes with a substance with the best suede protector. Check out these 10 best suede protectors for an ultimate waterproofing experience.
Kiwi Select All Protector
Kiwi Select All Protector (Large Can, 7.7 Oz.)
Have your old suede shoes as bright as new with the clear Kiwi Select All Protector. This waterproof shoe spray works best on dark-colored suede shoes to improve on their overall appearance and attractiveness.
- Easy to apply.
- Dries quickly.
- Spreads evenly with each spray.
- Makes dirt stain removal painless to wipe off.
- Does a good job of protecting shoes from salt stains and harsh weather conditions.
- Leaves a shiny residue on shoes.
- May darken light-colored suede materials if applied too closely to shoes. To avoid that, hold spray about 10 inches away from shoes during application.
Meltonian Water and Stain Protector
Meltonian Water & Stain Protector
Maintain the original color and texture of your light-colored footwear with Meltonian Water and Stain Protector. Another waterproof spray for suede shoes, it provides a solid shield to shoes from dirty water puddles and swamps.
- Short drying time.
- Goes on smoothly on shoes.
- Leave no residual shine behind.
- Work best on light-colored suede.
- Doesn't discolor or stain light fabrics.
- Has an awful smell that disappears after sprayed shoes are dry.
Crimson Rain and Stain Repellent
Crimson Rain & Stain Repellent, 6 oz. - Leather, Suede, Nubuck, and Fabric Shoe Protector
Crimson Rain and Stain Repellent is a zero-smell, waterproof shoe spray that keeps both your shoes and feet appreciably dry even under heavy rainfall.
- Doesn't alter the color or texture of suede material.
- Aid the ease in removal of shoe's surface stains with a damp towel.
- Impact brightness on worn-out suede shoes.
- Content is a bit runny from the nozzle of the bottle.
Scotchgard Fabric and Upholstery Protector
Scotchgard Fabric & Upholstery Protector, Repels Liquids, Blocks Stains, 14 Ounces
Cast out the fear of staining your white or cream suede shoes with Scotchgard Fabric and Upholstery Protector. It is an easy-to-use waterproof spray that comes with clear instructions on its application procedure.
- Leave no stain or spray mark on shoes.
- Give shoe protection from indelible food or color stains.
- Quick-drying time.
- Fumes from the product are strong and choky. Therefore, apply to shoes in an open space or in a well-ventilated room. Protect your nose with a bandana or disposable surgical mask before using the spray.
Collonil Nubuck + Velours/Suede Waterproof Protector Repellent Spray (Neutral)
Collonil Nubuck + Velours/Suede Waterproof Protector Repellent Spray, 200 ml
This waterproof shoe spray offers 3-in-1 benefits of preserving your suede footwear from water and snow, maintaining your suede's original color, and upgrading your shoes' look. It is a neutral color safe for dark, semi-dark, and light suede materials.
- Spray's odor doesn't linger.
- Retain the shoes' color and texture.
- Repel water and snow.
- Goes on easily without lumping together on shoes.
- Perfect for light-colored suede shoes.
- Since it's formulated with highly toxic ingredients, keep vulnerable animals far away from the workspace before using the spray.
Irritable to the skin. That calls for skin protection with long sleeve shirts and gloves before putting spray to use.
It is important to direct spray about 8 inches away from shoes and in an airy workspace, for your safety from its hazardous content.
Suede protectors have proven to keep shoes as good as new even after a long time of frequent use. Generally, each brand comes with directions on how to use the product for best results if followed to the letter. We advise that you give any of the 5 suede protectors above on both your new and old shoes.